Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Napoleon Aint Got Nothin on Me

Finally! I've managed to find some spare time to cook and practice my future housewife skills! No but really, I've been able to spend a lot more time in the kitchen lately than the library, and boy am I thankful for it.

I haven't been able to pull out all the stops yet and create an original meal from start to finish, but with the help of Trader Joe, I've been making some fabulous dinners.
In honor of Meatless Monday, I made an Eggplant and Veggie Burger... Napoleon- so to speak. It was so easy and so delicious. Here's what you need:

3 slices Trader Joe's Eggplant Cutlets
1 Amy's American Veggie Burger
1/2 (more or less) cup marinara sauce
Parmesan cheese

Follow cooking instructions on boxes of eggplant and veggie burger. Once cooked, slice the veggie burger across the middle, creating two thin patties. Starting with an eggplant cutlet, alternate layering the cutlets and veggie patties. Cover with marinara sauce (I like to heat mine up) and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve with veggies or pasta.




Look at those succulent layers of eggplant

Fast, easy and healthy too! Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. You are so cool!!! Ahhh I love that you are doing this blog! I am def going to start one this week or next week! Love love love love you lkatz!!

    -Love your bestie Sabrina

    ReplyDelete